Arborjet announced that Shortstop 2SC plant growth regulator for use on both trees and shrubs has received EPA approval. The product may now be used with multiple applications: as a soil drench application for trees, for shrubs, and as a foliar spray for shrubs.
According to industry experts, one of the fastest growing products in the tree and landscape industry is the use of plant growth regulators. Although the technology has been around for over 20 years, arborists and landscape professionals have focused exclusively on the primary use of this product – growth control on trees.
“Shortstop 2SC may now be used in multiple ways,” Arborjet director of research Joe Doccola said. “When it’s applied, not only does it regulate plant growth, but it also produces thicker, waxier leaves, increased fibrous roots, and healthier looking plants. With these secondary effects, we are observing trees with less leaf scorch due to drought, less damage after construction, and an increase in disease suppression.”
The addition of the shrub label will provide the following benefits for end users:
• One product may now be used to suppress the growth of both trees and shrubs.
• 25 to 75 percent above ground growth regulation means less time spent shearing and shaping
• Less debris generated means less dump and disposal fees.
• Increased drought resistance.
• Increased disease suppression. Thicker leaves make it harder for fungi and fruiting bodies to take hold and spread to treated plants.
• Improved appearance. Results last longer, leaves typically show less signs of chlorosis after treatment and plants typically have more flowers.
“This is the perfect product to use this time of year to improve overall plant vigor and canopy density,” Arborjet President and CEO Russ Davis said. “Shortstop 2SC contains a far greater percentage of active ingredient than other shrub treatments and is very cost competitive. The higher level of active means far fewer containers needing to be stored in shops and vehicles, making it an ideal product for our valued customers. Additionally, like all other Arborjet products Shortstop 2SC is readily available locally through our national distribution partners.”